Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ: His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, Hi resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His glorious return in power.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; furthermore, we believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
East Richland Christian Schools is affiliated with the East Richland Evangelical Friends Church but also has many denominations represent by its staff and student body. The School Board believes in the central message of the Word of God, and they stand solidly behind the Statement of Faith as written in the Scriptural Foundation. These central doctrines of the Word of God cannot be compromised, yet the body of Christ has some differences that will center on the procedures of baptism, spiritual gifts, end times, and the security of the believer. When these particular issues are raised in school, it is the policy of the school to refer the student to their parents, their pastor, and their local church for answers and guidance.
We teach the Bible as a required course, taking Biblical truths and making the lessons applicable for Christ-centered daily living. At all grade levels, the scriptures and their application are woven through every subject area taught. As students mature and grow, both physically and spiritually, we provide additional topic specific classes: Survey of the Bible, Evangelism, Apologetics, Biblical Worldview, Biblical Ethics, Love & Marriage, and Life-Changing Decisions.
Outside of classroom instruction, Christ remains at the center of each school day here at East Richland Christian. Students and faculty share weekly chapel and praise time which cultivates a mindset of fellowship and Christian unity. In the halls of elementary wing, students can be heard sharing scriptures, singing, and pledges (both to the Bible and to the American and Christian flags). Our middle, junior high, and high school students share in weekly small groups in order to share life together. These groups regularly pray together, share in activities, and serve the community in order to further the kingdom.