“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.”
~ 2 Timothy 4:7-8
We currently offer a variety of sports here at East Richland Christian Schools. Each one listed is offered at both Jr. High (grades 5-8) and High School (grades 9-12) levels, unless otherwise noted.
- Cross County (Varsity/HS only)
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Bowling (Varsity/HS only)
- Track and Field (grades 7-12 only)
Athletic Program Objectives
The purpose of East Richland’s athletic program is to provide competition and fellowship for our students. The competition is to be governed by the philosophy of Christian athletics as described below:
- The goal is to “develop the spiritual part of the athlete so that the Holy Spirit is in control and directing his/her mind and body.”
- Competition and participation in athletic events contribute to the physical and spiritual development of the Christian athlete. Our major purpose is to cause our athletes to act and think like Jesus Christ, in other words, to build Christ-like characteristics. East Richland Christian wants our athletes to possess positive Christ-like character qualities and to express them openly through the medium of athletics.
- In the heat of competition – players, coaches, and parents must conduct themselves as Christians in their relationship with the game officials and opposing team players. God’s word says, “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” – Galatians 5:25
- Student athletes are required to be at all practices and games unless an approved excuse is given to the coach or athletic director.
- Student athletes must be prompt in arriving at practices and games.
- Student athlete must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average.
- Student athletes must treat opponents with respect.
- Student athletes respect judgment and cooperate with contest officials.
- Student athletes must live up to the high standards of sportsmanship established by the coaches.
- Student athletes are required to get a yearly physical examination.
- Use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco are ground for dismissal from the squad.
East Richland Christian’s athletes will learn to be under authority as well as in authority. They will be aware of their individual responsibilities to each other and to the Lord. We are all one body; when one hurts, we all hurt and when one rejoices, we all rejoice. Athletes will learn what it means to make a commitment to the Lord and to their team.