“And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,”Ephesians 4:11-15 (NASB)
A COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS
ERCS takes very seriously the call to develop an atmosphere where teenagers feel safe, accepted, and able to mature in their faith and the academic principles which are critical for becoming all Christ would have a student become.
With the leadership of a strong administrative team and staff of disciples this kingdom education is committed to excellence in:
- Meeting the unique needs of individual learners
- Fulfilling Graduation Requirements from the Ohio Department of Education
- Providing Bible Courses to each grade level
- Creating an atmosphere of love, acceptance and unity
- Instilling and refining critical thinking skills
- Utilizing cutting-edge technology in the classroom
- Promoting individual student abilities to become mature followers of Christ
- Reaching out in Christ’s love to the community through service projects
See the link below to read an additional perspective on the Christian school’s responsibility of academic excellence with a biblical approach to learning – there should be no dichotomy of “Heaven or Harvard”. Simmon, Brian S.2012. Heaven or Harvard? Christian School Comment V 44 No.2, 2012-2013 Association of Christian Schools International.
MEETING INDIVIDUAL NEEDS OF LEARNERS
Because we are an academic institution chartered by the Ohio State Department of Education, our diploma is equivalent to other public school diplomas. Students who attend ERCHS earn credits which are transferrable to any other high school in Ohio. Additionally, the high school students at ERCS may be eligible to participate in the following programs:
- Post Secondary Education Option – Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who meet the GPA requirements may apply to take college courses while in high school. Other policies and requirements are detailed in the Parent-Student Handbook as well as parent meetings held in the fall and spring.
- Credit Flexibility – This academic program allows students in grades 9-12 to test out of, take approved online courses, develop independent studies with an academic advisor/staff member, do an internship or apprenticeship and receive academic credit. Students must apply in the Spring PRIOR to the anticipated time of developing a Credit Flexibility Proposal or Plan. Other policies and requirements are detailed in the Parent-Student Handbook as well as parent meetings held in the fall and spring.
- College Preparatory Track – Higher level Mathematics, Science, and English courses which challenge and prepare students to be well-read, higher level thinkers to continue on to a 4-year college degree program.
- General Education Track – Traditional, practical Mathematics, Science, and English courses which prepare students to go directly into the work field or continue for additional training in a 1 or 2 year college program.
- Speech Meet
- Christmas or Spring Drama
- National Honor Society
- Student Council